Facebook: Haywood County GEAR UP TN
Tips for Students
- Make a list of your academic and personal goals. Think about the ways you can achieve those goals.
- Do your homework and pay attention in class.
- Attend Saturday and summer Booster Camps! There’s lots of great activities and educational opportunities for you to learn and enjoy.
- Ask for help with your homework or classwork. Go to before school or after school tutoring.
- Complete your homework and classwork and turn it in on time.
- Sign up for ACT Prep tutoring.
- Pay attention in class.
- Find a study area at home where you will not be distracted.
- Talk to your school counselors often. They can give you great information and advice to help you get ready for your career!
- Find fun and interesting ways to volunteer. There are plenty of opportunities to volunteer in Brownsville and Haywood County!
- Get involved in school activities. Join the band, school newspaper staff, the yearbook staff, or play a sports.
- Ask and answer questions in class.
- Eat healthy meals.
- Talk to successful, professional people. They can give you lots of ideas to help you achieve your dream.
- Avoid peer pressure to do things you know you shouldn’t do.
- Talk to your parents or guardians often about your goals and your postsecondary education.
- Check out scholarship information at school, at college websites, and online.
- Visit lots of college campuses.
Helpful Links for Students
- Career Builder
- TSAC – Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation
- College Pays for Tennessee – Financing Your Education