Coordinated School Health
Coordinated School Health Overview
School Health Coordinator
School Nurse covering Haywood
High School and East Side
Deborah Woods, LPN
School Nurse covering Anderson, Haywood Elementary
Haywood Middle School & HCMDC.
Healthy Recipe Links
Other Useful Links
Healthy party ideas from Coordinated School Health!!
Look at these CUTE healthy birthday party food ideas!!! You don’t have to bring those REALLY FATTENING cupcakes and chips to your child’ school birthday party anymore!!….you can bring these really cute, healthy foods that kids really love!!! AND, with Halloween coming up soon, look at the cute ghosts and pumpkins that you can send to your child’s class! You can GOOGLE tons more, too! See you next time! Miss Cindy
Homemade Granola Bars
- 2 1⁄2 cups toasted rice cereal
- 2 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put the rice cereal, oatmeal, and raisins in a bowl and stir together.
- In a small saucepan mix together the brown sugar and corn syrup. Turn the heat to medium-high. Stir constantly while the mixture is brought to a boil. Once boiling, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Stir the peanut butter and vanilla into the sugar mixture in the saucepan. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cereals and raisins in the large bowl. Mix well.
- Press the mixture into an 8″ x 8″ baking pan.
- When cool, cut into 16 bars.
- Make your own granola bars and pack them to go to school or anywhere!
- To avoid peanuts or peanut butter, try sunflower seeds or sunflower seed butter.
Measurable Effects of a Coordinated School Health Program:
- Improved attendance and achievement
- Less tobacco use
- Lower rates of teenage pregnancy
- Increased participation in physical fitness activities
- Greater interest in healthier diets
- Increased use of school health and counseling services
- Decreased disciplinary problems
- Increased awareness and involvement by families and community in health needs of students
- Food & Nutrition Service Nondiscrimination Statement
- Office of CSH
- Cover TN Health Insurance
- Get Fit TN
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Action for Healthy Kids
- Knowing your BMI
- American Dietetic Association
- Health Information TN
- Coordinated School Health
- Healthy Snack Ideas
- Michelle Obama’s New Platform & Program: Childhood Obesity
- Flu Prevention Tips for Schools